miércoles, 25 de septiembre de 2013

Interview Champion!!!!! Devon Larratt



Hi all / as!

      As you are? jejejej I want to share this amazing interview that to me is one of the most important references in our sport. Cost a lot and get a lot of time (especially the time to send questions and answers hehehehe) champion and mow Thanks for being so close.
I hope you enjoy it.

Devon Larratt


Photos owned by: Alison Renoos Hutchings and Xsportnews.com 

-1. ¿How much time do you spend training and how did you get to know this sport and be interested in it?
     I am constantly thinking about this sport. It rarely leaves my mind for long. I train as much as i think i can handle which will vary. I grew up with armwrestling. with my family, and with my schoolmates. I discovered the "real" sport when i was working in the oilfield when i was 18 years old.

-2. ¿What armwresther do you admire most and why?
      I really am a fan of so many armwrestlers, and don't really want to single anyone out. I try to appreciate the diversity in the sport. Generally I like prefer people who really enjoy and are good at armwrestling if i could be vague.

-3. ¿What are your expectations in this sport?
      I expect to be involved in one way or another for my whole life. I will compete as long as i can, at whatever level i can manage, train, and move more into promotion as time goes on.

-4. ¿What other sport do you practice?
      I love to play games. Some i make up myself lol.. i have played alot of basketball, and used to do a little MMA, I have dabbled in many sports. These days i am loving ping pong!!

-5. ¿What advice would you give to the young boys and girls who start with this sport?
      Be patient. Be consistent. Be diverse. Keep your body balanced. Prioritize table training above all other exercises. Find others who love armwrestling- train/discuss/compete together.

-6.¿Apart from this sport… what other objectives do you have for your future?
      Be a good father, Squeeze as much out of life as possible.

-7.¿what armwrestling technique do you think is the best?
      There is one style or move that will likely be best against one opponent, but i believe that the best technique is diversity.

-8. ¿What has been your worst dissapointment in this sport?
Having surgury on my right elbow

-9. ¿What would you never do to another participant?
      Never is a very strong word, but i would not intentionally injure an armwrestler.

-10. ¿How much time do you rest before a competition?
      This answer has varied alot over my years of trainning. There are many different rest and peaking strategies i have found. I am now happiest with little notice to compete. if i stay slightly overtrainned, i find even a few days off, i can be in good shape to compete, but if i have notice i will do a staggered taper, starting around 2.5 weeks out, with a systematic cut off of different intensities untill i fully stop about 3 days out.

-11.¿What position do you think is the most strategic in the table?
      There are many many positions that are great in armwrestling. many of them very much depend on your opponent. You can never really go wrong with the strategy of extending your opponent and targeting weakness.

-12. ¿What negative aspects do you think exist in this sport?
      I think that rule changes need to happen to continue to bring the sport to its truest form. I am not saying i have all the answers, just saying that we should not be afraid to continue to try new things with the sport of armwrestling. I think in my time in the sport i have seen many positive things.

-13.¿What type of training do you never do and which don't you like doing?
      I stay away from anything that causes me pain in training. I prefer to play games and sports to gym workouts.

-14. ¿Which has been you worst injury?
      My right elbow has been injured a few times in the years which i competed, which eventually i would say was my worst injury. I blew a ligament in my left wrist which caused my wrist to become very unstable for about 3 years, but.. time heals all.

-15. ¿What have been your most important titles?
      My most important title to me was becoming ranked #1 in the World on Engin's rankings 2008 right hand, and in the left in 2012.

-16. ¿How does it feel to be in the podium as world champion?
      MEGA



2 comentarios:

  1. Excelente entrevista, la tratare de traducir para la banda mexicana saludos

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Muchas gracias!!!! En el anterior post tienes la entrevista en castellano!!!! Espero q te guste, un saludo amigo

      Eliminar